NAICS Code 541330
What is NAICS Code 541330?
541330 - Engineering Services
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in applying physical laws and principles of engineering in the design, development, and utilization of machines, materials, instruments, structures, processes, and systems. The assignments undertaken by these establishments may involve any of the following activities: provision of advice, preparation of feasibility studies, preparation of preliminary and final plans and designs, provision of technical services during the construction or installation phase, inspection and evaluation of engineering projects, and related services.
Civil engineering services
Environmental engineering services
Construction engineering services
Mechanical engineering services
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies--are classified in U.S. Industry 541512, Computer Systems Design Services;
- Performing surveying and mapping services of the surface of the earth, including the sea floor--are classified in Industry 541370, Surveying and Mapping (except Geophysical) Services;
- Gathering, interpreting, and mapping geophysical data--are classified in Industry 541360, Geophysical Surveying and Mapping Services;
- Creating and developing designs and specifications that optimize the use, value, and appearance of products--are classified in Industry 541420, Industrial Design Services;
- Providing advice and assistance to others on environmental issues, such as the control of environmental contamination from pollutants, toxic substances, and hazardous materials--are classified in Industry 541620, Environmental Consulting Services; and
- Both the design and construction of buildings, highways, and other structures or in managing construction projects--are classified in Sector 23, Construction, according to the type of project.
|Index Entries for 541330|
|541330||541330||541330||Acoustical engineering consulting services|
|541330||541330||541330||Acoustical system engineering design services|
|541330||541330||541330||Boat engineering design services|
|541330||541330||541330||Chemical engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Civil engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Combustion engineering consulting services|
|541330||541330||541330||Construction engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Consulting engineers' offices|
|541330||541330||541330||Consulting engineers' private practices|
|541330||541330||541330||Electrical engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Engineering consulting services|
|541330||541330||541330||Engineering design services|
|541330||541330||541330||Engineers' private practices|
|541330||541330||541330||Environmental engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Erosion control engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Geological engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Geophysical engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Heating engineering consulting services|
|541330||541330||541330||Industrial engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Logging engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Marine engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Maritime technology engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Mechanical engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Mining engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Petroleum engineering services|
|541330||541330||541330||Traffic engineering consulting services|
Top Ten Companies in Engineering Services
Top Businesses by Revenue for 541330:
|Dhpc Technologies Inc||Woodbridge||NJ|
|Aecom Global II LLC||Los Angeles||CA|
|Jacobs Engineering Group Inc||Dallas||TX|
|Ch2m Hill Companies Ltd||Englewood||CO|
|Aecom E&C Holdings Inc||Los Angeles||CA|
|URS Holdings Inc||San Francisco||CA|
|Bechtel Group Inc||San Francisco||CA|
|Bechtel Nuclear SEC Envmtl Inc||Reston||VA|
Employment Statisitics in Engineering Services
May 2018 Bureau of Labor Statistics for Engineering Services, Code 541330
These national industry-specific occupational employment and wage estimates are calculated with data collected from employers of all sizes, in metropolitan and nonmetropolitan areas in every state and the District of Columbia, in NAICS 541330 - Engineering Services.
Additional information, including the hourly and annual 10th, 25th, 75th, and 90th percentile wages, and the percent of establishments reporting the occupation, is available in the downloadable XLS files from the BLS.
NAICS 541330 - Engineering Services is part of: NAICS 541300 - Architectural, Engineering, and Related Services.
ALL OCCUPATIONS IN THIS NAICS CODE:
(To Drill Down Into Specific Occupations, Visit the BSA Here.)
|Occupation title||All Occupations|
|Percent of total employment||100.00%|
|Median hourly wage||$36.52|
|Mean hourly wage||$41.72|
|Annual mean wage||$86,780|
|Mean wage RSE||0.50%|
About May 2018 National Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a "year-round, full-time" hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(3) The relative standard error (RSE) is a measure of the reliability of a survey statistic. The smaller the relative standard error, the more precise the estimate.
(4) Wages for some occupations that do not generally work year-round, full time, are reported either as hourly wages or annual salaries depending on how they are typically paid.
(5) This wage is equal to or greater than $100.00 per hour or $208,000 per year.
(7) The value is less than .005 percent of industry employment.
(8) Estimate not released.
Other Information Pertaining to NAICS Code 541330
- The SBA Classifies Businesses in this NAICS Code as a "Small Business" If they make less than $15 Million. View the SBA Size Standards Table for More Information
- This NAICS Code Qualifies for the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program. Visit the SBA to Learn More.