533110 Lessors of Nonfinancial Intangible Assets (except Copyrighted Works)This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assigning rights to assets, such as patents, trademarks, brand names, and/or franchise agreements, for which a royalty payment or licensing fee is paid to the asset holder.
- Establishments primarily engaged in producing, reproducing, and/or distributing copyrighted works are classified in Sector 51, Information;
- Independent artists, writers, and performers primarily engaged in creating copyrighted works are classified in Industry 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers;
- Establishments primarily engaged in leasing real property are classified in Subsector 531, Real Estate;
- Establishments primarily engaged in leasing tangible assets, such as automobiles, computers, consumer goods, and industrial machinery and equipment, are classified in Subsector 532, Rental and Leasing Services; and
- Establishments that allow franchisees the use of the franchise name, contingent on the franchisee buying products or services from the franchisor, are classified elsewhere.
|533110||533110||533110||Brand name licensing|
|533110||533110||533110||Franchise agreements, leasing, selling or licensing, without providing other services|
|533110||533110||533110||Industrial design licensing|
|533110||533110||533110||Oil royalty companies|
|533110||533110||533110||Oil royalty leasing|
|533110||533110||533110||Oil royalty traders (except for own account)|
|533110||533110||533110||Patent buying and licensing|
|533110||533110||533110||Performance rights, licensing of|