21311 - Support Activities for Mining
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing support services, on a contract or fee basis, required for the mining and quarrying of minerals and for the extraction of oil and gas. Drilling, taking core samples, and making geological observations at prospective sites (except geophysical surveying and mapping) for minerals, on a contract or fee basis, are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Performing geophysical surveying and mapping services for minerals (i.e., coal, metal ores, oil and gas, and nonmetallic minerals) on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Industry 54136, Geophysical Surveying and Mapping Services;
- Mining, quarrying, and/or beneficiating on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Subsector 212, Mining (except Oil and Gas), based on the mineral mined;
- Operating oil and gas field properties on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Subsector 211, Oil and Gas Extraction, based on the activity;
- Oil and gas pipeline and related structures construction and repair--are classified in Industry 23712, Oil and Gas Pipeline and Related Structures Construction;
- Site preparation and related construction activities on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Industry 23891, Site Preparation Contractors; and
- Mining machinery and equipment repair and maintenance--are classified in Industry 81131, Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance.
NAICS Codes that fall under 21311 - Support Activities for Mining
Top Businesses by Annual Sales for 21311 – Click for Complete Profiles: