NAICS Code 238210
What is NAICS Code 238210
238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in installing and servicing electrical wiring and equipment. Contractors included in this industry may include both the parts and labor when performing work. These contractors may perform new work, additions, alterations, maintenance, and repairs.
Airport runway lighting contractors
Fiber optic cable (except transmission line) contractors
Alarm system (e.g., fire, burglar), electric, installation only
Highway, street, and bridge lighting and electrical signal installation
Audio equipment (except automotive) installation contractors
Home automation system installation
Lighting system installation
Cable television hookup contractors
Telecommunications equipment and wiring (except transmission line) installation contractors
Computer and network cable installation
Traffic signal installation
Environmental control system installation
Cable splicing, electrical or fiber optic
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Installing and maintaining telecommunications lines by telecommunications companies--are classified in Subsector 517, Telecommunications;
- Constructing power and communication transmission lines--are classified in Industry 237130, Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction; and
- Burglar and fire alarm installation combined with sales, maintenance, or monitoring services--are classified in U.S. Industry 561621, Security Systems Services (except Locksmiths).
Top Ten Companies in Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
Top Businesses by Revenue for 238210:
|Wectec Global Project Svcs Inc||Charlotte||NC|
|Rosendin Electric Inc||San Jose||CA|
|Pioneer Parent Inc||Mount Airy||NC|
|Schweitzer Engrg Labs Inc||Pullman||WA|
|Danfoss Power Solutions Inc||Ames||IA|
|Ies Holdings Inc||Houston||TX|
|Pike Electric LLC||Mount Airy||NC|
|MMR Group Inc||Baton Rouge||LA|
Employment Statistics in Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
May 2018 National Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates
NAICS 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
These national industry-specific occupational employment and wage estimates are calculated with data collected from employers of all sizes, in metropolitan and nonmetropolitan areas in every state and the District of Columbia, in NAICS 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors.
Additional information, including the hourly and annual 10th, 25th, 75th, and 90th percentile wages, and the percent of establishments reporting the occupation, is available in the downloadable XLS files.
NAICS 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors is part of: NAICS 238200 - Building Equipment Contractors.
ALL OCCUPATIONS IN THIS NAICS CODE:
(To Drill Down Into Specific Occupations, Visit the BSA Here.)
|Occupation title||All Occupations|
|Percent of total employment||100.00%|
|Median hourly wage||$24.53|
|Mean hourly wage||$27.88|
|Annual mean wage||$57,990|
|Mean wage RSE||0.5%|
About May 2018 National Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a "year-round, full-time" hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(3) The relative standard error (RSE) is a measure of the reliability of a survey statistic. The smaller the relative standard error, the more precise the estimate.
(4) Wages for some occupations that do not generally work year-round, full time, are reported either as hourly wages or annual salaries depending on how they are typically paid.
(5) This wage is equal to or greater than $100.00 per hour or $208,000 per year.
(7) The value is less than .005 percent of industry employment.
(8) Estimate not released.
Other Information Pertaining to NAICS Code 238210
- The SBA Classifies Businesses in this NAICS Code as a "Small Business" If they make less than $15 Million. View the SBA Size Standards Table for More Information
- This NAICS Code Qualifies for the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program. Visit the SBA to Learn More.