445110 Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) StoresThis industry comprises establishments generally known as supermarkets and grocery stores primarily engaged in retailing a general line of food, such as canned and frozen foods; fresh fruits and vegetables; and fresh and prepared meats, fish, and poultry. Included in this industry are delicatessen-type establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of food.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing automotive fuels in combination with a convenience store or food mart--are classified in Industry 447110, Gasoline Stations with Convenience Stores;
- Retailing a limited line of goods, known as convenience stores or food marts (except those with fuel pumps)--are classified in Industry 445120, Convenience Stores;
- Retailing frozen food and freezer meal plans via direct sales to residential customers--are classified in Industry 454390, Other Direct Selling Establishments;
- Providing food services in delicatessen-type establishments--are classified in U.S. Industry 722513, Limited-Service Restaurants; and
- Retailing fresh meat in delicatessen-type establishments--are classified in Industry 445210, Meat Markets.
|445110||445110||445110||Commissaries, primarily groceries|
|445110||445110||445110||Delicatessens primarily retailing a range of grocery items and meats|
|445110||445110||445110||Food (i.e., groceries) stores|