NAICS Code 511210
What is NAICS Code 511210?
511210 - Software Publishers
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in computer software publishing or publishing and reproduction. Establishments in this industry carry out operations necessary for producing and distributing computer software, such as designing, providing documentation, assisting in installation, and providing support services to software purchasers. These establishments may design, develop, and publish, or publish only. These establishments may publish and distribute software remotely through subscriptions and downloads.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Reselling packaged software--are classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade, or Sector 44-45, Retail Trade;
- Providing access for clients to software published by others from a central host site--are classified in Industry 518210, Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services;
- Designing software to meet the needs of specific users--are classified in U.S. Industry 541511, Custom Computer Programming Services; and
- Mass duplication of software--are classified in U.S. Industry 334614, Software and Other Prerecorded Compact Disc, Tape, and Record Reproducing.
|Index Entries for 511210|
|511210||511210||511210||Applications development and publishing, except on a custom basis|
|511210||511210||511210||Applications software, computer, packaged|
|511210||511210||511210||Computer software publishers, packaged|
|511210||511210||511210||Computer software publishing and reproduction|
|511210||511210||511210||Games, computer software, publishing|
|511210||511210||511210||Operating systems software, computer, packaged|
|511210||511210||511210||Packaged computer software publishers|
|511210||511210||511210||Programming language and compiler software publishers, packaged|
|511210||511210||511210||Publishers, packaged computer software|
|511210||511210||511210||Software computer, packaged, publishers|
|511210||511210||511210||Software publishers, packaged|
|511210||511210||511210||Utility software, computer, packaged|
Top Ten Companies in Engineering Services
Top Businesses by Revenue for 511210:
|Oracle Corporation||Redwood City||CA|
|Dxc Technology Company||Tysons||VA|
|Salesforcecom Inc||San Francisco||CA|
|Adobe Systems Incorporated||San Jose||CA|
|Activision Blizzard Inc||Santa Monica||CA|
|Electronic Arts Inc||Redwood City||CA|
|Ca Inc||New York||NY|
|Oracle Systems Corporation||Redwood City||CA|
|Citrix Systems Inc||Fort Lauderdale||FL|
Employment Statisitic in Engineering Services
May 2018 National Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates
NAICS 511200 - Software Publishers
These national industry-specific occupational employment and wage estimates are calculated with data collected from employers of all sizes, in metropolitan and nonmetropolitan areas in every state and the District of Columbia, in NAICS 511200 - Software Publishers.
Additional information, including the hourly and annual 10th, 25th, 75th, and 90th percentile wages, and the percent of establishments reporting the occupation, is available in the downloadable XLS files.
NAICS 511200 - Software Publishers is part of: NAICS 511000 - Publishing Industries (except Internet).
ALL OCCUPATIONS IN THIS NAICS CODE:
(To Drill Down Into Specific Occupations, Visit the BSA Here.)
|Occupation title||All Occupations|
|Percent of total employment||100.00%|
|Median hourly wage||$45.69|
|Mean hourly wage||$50.16|
|Annual mean wage||$104,330|
|Mean wage RSE||4.0%|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a "year-round, full-time" hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(3) The relative standard error (RSE) is a measure of the reliability of a survey statistic. The smaller the relative standard error, the more precise the estimate.
(4) Wages for some occupations that do not generally work year-round, full time, are reported either as hourly wages or annual salaries depending on how they are typically paid.
(5) This wage is equal to or greater than $100.00 per hour or $208,000 per year.
(7) The value is less than .005 percent of industry employment.
(8) Estimate not released.
Other Information Pertaining to NAICS Code 511210
- The SBA Classifies Businesses in this NAICS Code as a "Small Business" If they make less than $38.5 Million. View the SBA Size Standards Table for More Information
- This NAICS Code Qualifies for the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program. Visit the SBA to Learn More.