452311 - Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters
No Companies Listed in 452311
This U.S. industry comprises establishments known as warehouse clubs, superstores, or supercenters, primarily engaged in retailing a general line of groceries, including a significant amount and variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meats, and other perishable groceries, in combination with a general line of new merchandise, such as apparel, furniture, and appliances.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing a general line of merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing a general line of food, known as supermarkets and grocery stores--are classified in Industry 445110, Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores;
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, known as department stores--are classified in Industry 452210, Department Stores;
- Retailing a general line of new merchandise, except department stores, warehouse clubs, superstores, and supercenters--are classified in U.S. Industry 452319, All Other General Merchandise Stores; and
- Retailing used merchandise--are classified in Industry 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
|Index Entries for 452311|
|452910||452910||452311||Superstores (i.e., food and general merchandise)|
|452910||452910||452311||Warehouse clubs (i.e., food and general merchandise)|