622310 Specialty (except Psychiatric and Substance Abuse) HospitalsThis industry comprises establishments known and licensed as specialty hospitals primarily engaged in providing diagnostic and medical treatment to inpatients with a specific type of disease or medical condition (except psychiatric or substance abuse). Hospitals providing long-term care for the chronically ill and hospitals providing rehabilitation, restorative, and adjustive services to physically challenged or disabled people are included in this industry. These establishments maintain inpatient beds and provide patients with food services that meet their nutritional requirements. They have an organized staff of physicians and other medical staff to provide patient care services. These hospitals may provide other services, such as outpatient services, diagnostic X-ray services, clinical laboratory services, operating room services, physical therapy services, educational and vocational services, and psychological and social work services.
- Establishments known and licensed as hospitals primarily engaged in providing diagnostic and therapeutic inpatient services for a variety of medical conditions, both surgical and nonsurgical, are classified in Industry 622110, General Medical and Surgical Hospitals;
- Establishments known and licensed as hospitals primarily engaged in providing diagnostic and treatment services for inpatients with psychiatric or substance abuse illnesses are classified in Industry 622210, Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals;
- Establishments referred to as hospitals but primarily engaged in providing inpatient nursing and rehabilitative services to persons requiring convalescence are classified in Industry 623110, Nursing Care Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilities);
- Establishments referred to as hospitals but primarily engaged in providing residential care of persons diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities are classified in Industry 623210, Residential Intellectual and Developmental Disability Facilities; and
- Establishments referred to as hospitals but primarily engaged in providing inpatient treatment for mental health and substance abuse illnesses with the emphasis on counseling rather than medical treatment are classified in Industry 623220, Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities.
|622310||622310||622310||Children's hospitals, specialty (except psychiatric, substance abuse)|
|622310||622310||622310||Chronic disease hospitals|
|622310||622310||622310||Extended care hospitals (except mental, substance abuse)|
|622310||622310||622310||Eye, ear, nose, and throat hospitals|
|622310||622310||622310||Hospitals, specialty (except psychiatric, substance abuse)|
|622310||622310||622310||Physical rehabilitation hospitals|
|622310||622310||622310||Rehabilitation hospitals (except alcoholism, drug addiction)|
|622310||622310||622310||Tuberculosis and other respiratory illness hospitals|