How Can I Have My Company’s NAICS Code Changed?

Category: Common NAICS Questions

There is no “official” way to have a company’s SIC or NAICS code changed. Various Federal government agencies maintain their own lists of business establishments, and assign classification codes based on their own programmatic needs.

Generally, the classification codes are derived from information that the business establishment has provided on administrative, survey, or census reports. For this reason, we recommend that you contact the agency that has assigned the code that you believe should be changed.

For example, if you question the SIC or NAICS code contained on a form received from OSHA, you should contact the Department of Labor. For access to a list of Federal government agencies, visit this site.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 25
Thumbs Down Icon 81