324110 Petroleum Refineries
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in refining crude petroleum into refined
petroleum. Petroleum refining involves one or more of the following activities: (1)
fractionation; (2) straight distillation of crude oil; and (3) cracking.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Manufacturing asphalt paving, roofing, and saturated materials from refined
petroleum--are classified in Industry 32412, Asphalt Paving, Roofing, and Saturated Materials
- Manufacturing paper mats and felts and saturating them with asphalt or tar into
rolls and sheets--are classified in U.S. Industry 322121, Paper (except Newsprint) Mills;
- Blending or compounding refined petroleum to make lubricating oils and greases
and/or re-refining used petroleum lubricating oils--are classified in U.S. Industry 324191,
Petroleum Lubricating Oil and Grease Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing synthetic lubricating oils and greases--are classified in U.S.
Industry 325998, All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing;
- Recovering natural gasoline and/or liquid hydrocarbons from oil and gas field
gases--are classified in Industry 21111, Oil and Gas Extraction;
- Manufacturing acyclic and cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (i.e., petrochemicals) from
refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons--are classified in Industry 325110, Petrochemical
- Manufacturing cyclic and acyclic chemicals (except petrochemicals)--are classified
in Industry 32519, Other Basic Organic Chemical Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing coke oven products in steel mills--are classified in U.S.
Industry 331111, Iron and Steel Mills; and
- Manufacturing coke oven products in coke oven establishments--are classified in